SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
About the project
In my 1.5-year role as Global Marketing & Communications Advisor at SNV Netherlands Development Organisation, I initiated and managed online campaigns to strengthen the organisation’s thought leadership around key products. The campaigns helped position SNV around certain topics, boost visibility and drive engagement among target donors. Campaigns I managed included: COP22/climate action; gender equality; health; youth employment; ending energy poverty and more.
• Developed an editorial calendar based on the marketing plan, the Sustainable Development Goals, key events and relevant international days. This brought focus and consistency in communications.
• Identified themes to focus on.
• Mobilised content around key topics.
• Wrote and edited blog posts around key topics (eg. Looking back at 2016 | Working towards SDG3: healthy lives and well-being for all | Providing youth with concrete employment perspectives | The power of dialogue in accelerating gender equality).
• Managed social media campaigns.
• Produced newsletters to support the campaigns (eg. COP22 newsletter | January 2017 newsletter).
• Adapted the website to effectively showcase the campaigns and trigger engagement.
• Integrated findings from the web analytics.
- Laura is a professional digital marketer, covering aspects from strategy to online campaigns and web analytics reporting. She developed the digital marketing strategy and managed SNV's website refresh from redesign recommendations all the way through to implementation with the web agency. The website revamp together with the online campaigns led to a steady increase in visits and engagement. Laura combines strategic insight with thoroughness and an eye for detail. She has a strong sense of ownership and responsibility.